Author: Terry Bennett
Published Tokyo: Charles E.Tuttle Co., 1996. 265x190mm, 168pp.
publication in 1996, this title remains a valuable source of information
on Japanese photography during the late Edo and Meiji periods
- historical overview of the years 1853-1912
- the story of early Western/Japanese photographers in Japan
- over 40 photographs in colour
- over 100 photographs in sepia
- an invaluable index that identifies the photographers of over 1,200 photos taken in Japan according to their number and title
- hardback edition, mint condition, signed by author.
Now out of print, it is increasingly difficult to find. We have a few copies still available.